Monday, January 10, 2005

God amongst the trees, Crooked Timber and the Tsunami

The "Problem of Evil hits the papers" is the headline of the blog at Crooked Timbers and the comments blog is up to 75 not out. That the first 50 at least are worth the read is indicative of the freshness and urgency that this new discourse can create.
But God does not decide who shall be good, God smiles upon our goodness. Here's a song that is 20 years old but seems to speak to the tsunami.
Words like Dvorak strings
pull at the beard of time,
While dreamers at their walls
where every thought does shine,
drunk on every corner,
at every crossing and every line.
Like a soldier drunk on duty
drunk on the edge of time

Oh lord above shine down on me a while
My tears cannot hide your smile

A go-between who needs a poem
A light in the darkest zone
Someone to explain
was it for me
or just a show
that all this life and death
that tears children from their homes
Is that our song or are we lost
or are we just alone?

Oh Lord above shine down on me a while
My sadness cannot hide your smile

Ask me no more these questions.
Leave well enough alone
Against the never ending sky
of nature must we roam.
Like liones on safari
or vultures sucking bones,
the quest is never nearer
than the birthing or the holy stone.

Oh Lord above shine down on me a while
My tears cannot hide your smile







Return to Kiangardarup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home