Friday, January 28, 2005

Ian Melrose and the East Timor Campaign

Ian Melrose, a virtuous soul from the suburb of Booragoon, has funded ads promoting a better deal for the people of E. Timor. He refers people to the Timor Sea Justice Campaign who have an excellent web site dissecting the various ways that Downer and co. have said take it or leave it the East Timorese.
It makes strategically good sense that we should not behave like a beadle when it comes to East Timor which may potentially be our window into Asia in the future if we play our cards right. But for a penny was a pound lost seems to be the truith of this deal.
Return to Kiangardarup

4 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

Kian, thanks for this great link. I've added it to my blog.

And thanks for the link to my blog. I'm honoured. Sorry I wrongly snarled at you on my blog a while back. You actually taught me a lot. A result of which is that I'm attending a Quaker-sponsored weekend workshop in Queensland in April to do with peaceful conflict resolution. Australia (and the world) needs more people like you.

Good luck with this blog. It's looking great.

9:19 pm  
Blogger The Editor said...

Oops, that was meant to be "Kyan".

9:20 pm  
Blogger bathmate said...

Thank you for your nice posting.
it is really helpful to us.
such a nice topics.

Bathmate

6:17 am  
Blogger bathmate said...

Everything looks good in your posting.
That will be necessary for all. Thanks for your posting.
Bathmate

10:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home